Email Setup in Mail (Mac OSX 10.5 or later)
1. Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
2. If the "Welcome to Mail" assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
3. Fill in the Full Name, Email address, and Password fields.
Note: Your email account password will be stored in Keychain and used automatically to login to your email account when you open Mail.
4. Deselect "Automatically set up account" if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
5. Choose the proper Account Type. You'll probably want to use IMAP.
6. Give your account a useful description, such as "Joe's account" or "Joe's email account". It can be called whatever you want.
7. Enter your Incoming Mail Server, User Name and Password. Click on Continue to proceed. The Incoming Mail Server must be mail.yourdomainname.com (Replace yourdomainname.com with your default domain name) The username must be your complete e-mail address.
8. If prompted, enter your Incoming Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
9. For Outgoing Mail Server, a useful description such as "Outgoing Mail Server".
10. Enter the Outgoing Mail Server details. (which is mail.yourdomainame.com. Replace yourdomainame.com with your default domain name)
11. Select "Use Authentication" and enter your User Name (which is your complete e-mail address and Password). Click Continue to proceed.
12. If prompted, enter your Outgoing Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
13. Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check "Take account online". Click "Create" to complete the process. After completing these steps you should be able to send and receive email via this account.
Unable to Send Mail
- Open Mail. In the menu bar, choose Mail -> Preferences, and then click Accounts.
- From the Accounts list, select your account, and then click the Account Information tab.
- From the Outgoing Mail Server pop-up menu, choose Edit Server List.
- From the list of servers, select your server and then click the Advanced tab.
- Change the "Server port" to 587 with SSL. Click OK.
- Close the Account Settings window, and then click Save in the message that appears.
- Re-test your settings; you should be operational.